The Operations (Grounds) Department charter is to ensure all students and faculty have a safe and healthy environment while they learn and work. While safety is our first priority, it is our goal that each site should offer an aesthetically appealing environment as well; one that adds value to the learning and working experience and offers appeal to our community.
- Landscape of all sites.
- Continually monitor irrigation system, repair / replace as needed.
- Annual certification of backflow devices district wide.
- Monitor and maintain athletic turf surfaces.
- Aerate and fertilize athletic fields.
- Service to District Stadiums; provide upkeep on an as needed basis.
- Inspect playground equipment fall surfaces.
- Sweeper cleaning service to hardscape areas.
- Implement District integrated pest management.
City of Newport Beach Leaf Blower Ordinance
The City of Newport Beach passed an ordinance limiting the use of leaf-blowers in residential areas, ordinance #2011-12 (click here for attachment). Newport-Mesa Unified School District facilities, as well as other properties noted in the ordinance are exempt from these limitations.